Wednesday 16 April 2014

Running Back to You (Running, #1)Running Back to You by Suzanne Sweeney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Running Back to You by Suzanne Sweeney

****SYNOPSIS****
Juliette Fletcher is a girl with a plan. Not one to sit back and wait for life to happen, she moves back home after graduation and begins to carve out a life for herself.
Evan McGuire is desperate for a fresh start. His career in the NFL depends on it. Years of partying and carefree living have caught up with him. After buying a beach house in need of renovations, he begins to rebuild his life and his reputation.
What Evan doesn't expect is a chance meeting with Juliette out on an early morning beach run with her dog. A strong mutual attraction draws them together, but fear of scaring her away keeps Evan from revealing his true identity. Evan finds himself in an unfamiliar situation – forced to work harder than he ever has before to prove himself worthy of her affections.
Tragic misunderstandings and unexpected obstacles threaten to derail a fragile relationship. Someone is watching, waiting, and tormenting Juliet, desperate to destroy everything. Can they find the strength to overcome jealousy, insecurity, and fear before it’s too late?




******* MY REVIEW********
I didn’t really know what to expect with this book, I hadn't really heard much about it, I read the blurb and thought it sounded like something I would like, and after reading it I have to wonder why no one told me about this book sooner?

This book had me at helooooo. From the very first page I was launched into its nucleus and I knew that it was going to be a slow day around here because I was sold!

I really identified with the female lead in this book, Juliette Fletcher, to me her insecurities and doubts made her all the more authentic. She is just fresh out of a bad relationship with an” emotionally dominating douche- bag”. Sworn off men, she is finally in a good place in her life when out of nowhere in walks self-assured, devastatingly good looking Sentinels Quarterback Evan McGuire (AKA Big Mac). His celebrity status is unknown to her and she sees him for who he truly is, without all the glitz and glamour. He tries in vain to keep her in the dark about just how famous he is. Although she has no desire to embark on any kind of relationship with this mysterious and handsome stranger she cannot deny that she is not immune to his charms and when he keeps popping up in her life she begins to fall for him...



"You are so beautiful, I don't think I'll ever get enough of you, he whispers in my ear"

Evan is at a point in his life where he is no longer satisfied with the shallow and meaningless exchanges with women he had previously enjoyed. That is cemented when he meets the beautiful brunette baker/bartender. He gently begins to court Juliet and the embers between them begin to ignite into volcanic explosions that would rival Mt Etna.

Theirs is a tumultuous love connection and it seems the odds are stacked against them with life seemingly throwing every obstacle in their way. There was just enough angst to keep my foot shaking and my knee bouncing, I mean I was gone...Hook. Line. Sinker.

The supporting characters in this book are all so captivating and engaging and so vital to the story, it was a joy getting to know them.

There is a fantastic "who done it" undertone to this story and although I usually can pick the secret villain early on in books I have to say I was totally blind-sided and it kept me guessing at every turn. A fantastic read and lovers of Colton Donovan & Hudson Pierce, will love Evan McGuire.

5 stars for this hot read!
** Book received in return for honest review




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment